So when we started developing the New Sidekick, we knew that we had to make sure this never happened again. Thus, the decision was made to utilize one-time codes instead of passwords.
The concept of a one-time code is fairly simple. If you have a Sidekick account, you just type in your email address, and it will email you a code that only works once. That way, users don’t have to tell anyone their password. However, we’ve been getting reports from a few users that every time they open the New Sidekick, they just keep seeing this screen:
Thankfully, we believe we have a fix.
It appears that the majority of users who have experienced this problem had bookmarked the actual one-time code request screen instead of their Sidekick dashboard. So, if you’re experiencing this problem, try these easy-to-follow steps:
- Open the Chrome browser on a computer where you have previously entered a Sidekick one-time code (within the last 60 days)
- In the Address Bar, type this URL: https://app.sidekick.tv/dashboard
- And boom. You should be all set.
If this works, then be sure to bookmark this link: https://app.sidekick.tv/dashboard, so you can always get right back to your Sidekick Dashboard without having to enter another one-time code.
If you are still prompted to enter a one-time code, try this:
- Type your email address in the text box and click “Sign In.”
- Check your email and click the login link.
- Once you’re logged in, close Chrome.
- Then try the above steps again. This time, everything should work perfectly.
You’ll need to do this for each device (for example: your presentation computer, your tablet, and your phone) that you use with your account, but once you do, this should keep you logged in for the next 60 days. And even better, every time you open Sidekick, that 60 days starts over.
So, long story short…
As long as you open Sidekick once every 60 days, you should NEVER HAVE TO LOG IN EVER AGAIN!
P.S. If you’re still having trouble, feel free to reach out to [email protected]. They’d be more than happy to help!