Every moment we spend with students is an opportunity to create a memory. As youth workers, we hope the memories that stick are of those in which they felt loved and known, but we know that it’s often laughter that helps us break down walls and build trust that leads to the vulnerability which results in life change. Which means that, sometimes, the starting point for a student being open to receiving the gospel is watching you get hit in the face with a dodgeball.
Fun is essential to great youth ministry, but it it’s easier said than done. Let us help you round-out your Spring (and maybe even Summer!) calendar with trench-tested events… without shouldering the creative process alone!
We gathered up some of our favorite downloadable resources, blog posts and podcast episodes so you can spend more time perfecting your bob-and-weave and less time mapping out the court.
Already have your calendar planned?! Way to go! Check out tips and tricks from the DYM Bloggers and Podcast Hosts for making the most of every event–from planning to execution!
Event Nuts and Bolts
- The Movie Discussion
- Ready To Go Game Night
- Car Rally Scavenger Hunt
- Napoleon Dynamite Interactive Experience
- Selfie Scavenger Hunt
- Dodgeball Event Kit
- View All
Blog posts to help you with all things events…
We combed through our blog to find the posts that we thought would be most helpful.
- 4 Rules to Follow to Make Sure Break-Even Events Actually Break Even
- The Most Important Thing After an Event
- The Best Thing We Do All Summer
- The Single Most Effective Way of Inviting Students to Events
- Why People Will Show Up To Your Next Event
- Why We Only Do Events on Wednesday Nights
- 6 Tips for Putting on Events
Podcasts to help you with all things events…
We combed through the podcasts in our network to find the episodes that would be most helpful.
From The DYM Podcast:
- Episode 69 (start at 13:15 for tips on how to price your events)
- Episode 97 (start at 20:01 for tips on event planning strategy)
- Episode 160 (start at 28:59 for tips on how to pick volunteers for events)
- Episode 306: Successful YM, Solid Volunteers (start at 6:30 for taking over a ministry and what events/programming to invest in)
From Youth Ministry Hacks:
- Episode 21: Hacks on Running Effective Big Events (start at 16:45 for what makes a gospel/event night effective or skip ahead to 20:45 to hear the hacks on running big events)
- Episode 23: Hacks on The Review Process (start at 8:23 for hacks on the review process for events and programming)
From 15 Minutes with Frank:
- Episode 04: Laser Tag & Youth Ministry (start at 9:40 for tips on running your own in-house laser tag night)
Leave A Comment