1. What’s your full name? David Joseph Thompson Jr
2. Where did you grow up? Tuscaloosa, Alabama (Roll Tide!!!)
3. Tell us about your church: Trinity United Methodist Church, Birmingham, AL, www.trinitybirmingham.com + www.elementstudentministry.com
4. What’s a nickname you’ve been given…but you hate. Why? When I was in middle school a guy used to call me Fievel (the mouse from the cartoon). I have big ears and apparently look “mousy”, but I think “mousy” is going to be a popular look in 2015. 🙂
5. What’s your favorite TV show from the 80’s? (If you are too young to remember the 80’s, pick A.L.F.) Night Rider
6. Computer or TV? TV
7. How old were you when you first felt called to ministry? 21 years old. I used to work at Christian summer camp in college and felt called into ministry while at the camp.
8. Would you rather kick a puppy or make a baby cry? Kick a puppy! I have three daughters…I have experienced enough crying.
9. What’s a recent EPIC youth ministry mistake? We were on a retreat and I told everyone in my van to meet at a certain location at 2:00pm and if they weren’t at the correct location by 2:00pm they would be left. Well, it turned out one of our new adult volunteers was the only one who was late, so we backed the van out of the parking spot and moved it to a different location and…watched her freak out. Needless to say, she is no longer a volunteer.
10. Have you ever left a kid on an event/camp/retreat/missions trip/etc.? Have you ever wanted to? Never left anyone. Wanted to leave plenty!
11. What do you enjoy doing outside of youth ministry? I play obscure sports like Team Handball, I enjoy building furniture and doing minor home renovation project and I love hanging out with my family.
12. Are you a good dancer? No. Horrible and lame are inadequate words to describe my dancing ability.
13. What color shoes are you wearing? Grey Nike’s 14. What’s the worst injury that’s happened on one of your event/camp/retreat/missions trip/etc.? Most recently I pulled my hamstring trying to play kickball. I kicked the ball hard, but couldn’t even walk to first base. It was embarrassing.
15. What’s your position on infant baptism? Just kidding, nobody cares.
16. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you hate ALL NIGHTERS? (1 = stab me in the eye and 10 = stab me in the eye with a spoon) 8. I typically hang out for the first few hours then let my younger youth staff handle the rest of the night. 🙂
17. How good are you at keeping receipts? Does your church administrator love or hate you? I am below average on keeping receipts. Our church admin has given up even asking for receipts, she just guesses these days.
18. What would you do if you could be invisible for one day? There are so many awesome things you could do. I know I would at least drive my car around and freak people out.
19. Mac or PC? Mac.
20. If you had a pet sloth, what would you name him/her? Dennis
21. What is one of your irrational fears? I fear getting the hiccups and never being able to stop.
22. What is your favorite lunch meat? Turkey