Just realized I got taged by Kurt yesterday and thought I would toss out my answers to some questions. This feels like a chain letter – sans the curse of doom on my children. Still though, not being one to tempt fate, I submit my answers for your viewing pleasure. Read on:
1. One book that changed your life: Purpose Driven Youth Ministry – this was the catalyst book of my life. It is the reason I’m in youth ministry today. I know that sounds suck-up, but Fields is in Kenya and will never see this anyway.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: The Tipping Point – what makes stuff hot and what makes something big. You’ve seen it over and over again, Malcom Gladwell is a great author. Love his stuff.
3. One book you’d want on a desert island: The Centurion Principles – a book way out of my league with a great ending, awesome principles from men of valor, honor who were human and One who was divine. Could not recommend this one more to anyone in any field.
4. One book that made you laugh: The Fred Factor – a great short read given to all of the venue pastors at Saddleback some time ago. Loved it, easy premise, but totally inspiring. The USPS never looked this good.
5. One book that made you cry: I’m pretty sure I’ve never cried reading a book. OK, maybe listening to the Revenge of the Sith unabridged audio book. That thing was amazing, especially a few weeks before the movie hit theaters. Does that count?
6. One book you wish had been written: Good to Great – got it as a gift, and am humbled by the amount of work that went into it. Lots of great stuff.
7. One book you wish had never been written: Everything Star Trek.
8. One book you’re currently reading: Blink – on how we thin slice people and make snap judgements. Love it.
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: 1st 2 Years in Youth Ministry – I read it once before, I wanted to read it again now that I’ve crossed the 10-year mark.
10. One book you’d like to write: Youth Ministry Nightmares. A collection of funny stories that will make you laugh at yourself and your calling.