Teams work! I am so blessed to play apart of a few teams. I’m definitely better because of others!
* I just walked into my office after recording another episode of The Youth Ministry Garage and I’m so grateful for that team.
I was just thinking about some of the results that I’ve seen from teams that have come to YSPalooza (which are incredible), and also began thinking about what our new little team will experience next week in San Diego as we commit to a time of team-training. I know there’s many more than these, but here are 4 benefits of training with your team:
1. It’s more fun to be with others who share common visions/values.
2. There’s power in strategic alignment. When all oars are rowing in the same direction the outcome is better.
3. A sense of unity is developed when you “stack-hands” with others on a specific training.
4. Longevity is empowered. When you learn together, play together, serve together, pray together, and tackle a goal together… you don’t want to leave that team.
After leaving a church staff team after 29 years, the element of “team” was the most painful void I felt. In the last couple of years, I’m so thankful that God has met my needs and blessed me with incredible teams.
Question: What benefits do you see from training as a team? Share your thoughts here.
[Are you getting Doug’s daily blog in your email inbox?] If not, it’s real easy–go here.