Spent the bulk of the day over at the Fields’ house enjoying the pool and tossing some burgers around on the BBQ. Really fun day, capped off with a few fireworks (in the sky and in the backyard). If there ever was an example of how Americans should be celebrating Independence Day, I think we could run a clinic. The “bounce house” thing for all of the kids was great, and everyone ate way too much and had too much fun.
- I think my boys may have drunk in half the pool
- Burned chicken tastes terrible no matter how many condiments you slather on
- Doug Elliot’s Xbox 360 bit the dust – hardware failure
- Diet Mountain Dew tastes surprisingly good
- The waterslide was a bit too fast for a fat guy in slick shorts