Based on his studies of 2 Corinthians 4, Rick sees seven keys to renewal
1. Learn to enjoy the grace of God (2 Cor 4:1)
2. Be authentic (2 Cor 4:2)
3. Remember it’s not about you (2 Cor 4:5)
4. Accept your limitations (2 Cor 4:7)
5. Do everything out of love (2 Cor 2:15)
6. Make time for daily renewal (2 Cor 2:16)
7. Live in light of eternity (2 Cor 2:17)
Here were some quotable’s I liked
::When you’re authentic, it gets better every year. When you’re not, it gets worse every year. That’s why you have to change churches.
::If you’re going to call the shots you’re going to take the shots. If you’re going to be a pioneer, you’re going to take the arrows.
::Divert daily, Withdrawal weekly, Abandon annually|
::Every church caters to someone. Don’t believe it? Change you music next week.
::You can’t fix stupid
::The pastor who is available all the time isn’t worth much when he’s there.