Was reading John chapter 4 tonight, and here were the questions I was praying through and thinking about:
- Jesus, what are you asking me that I’m missing? How are you trying to get my attention?
- Jesus, am I asking you for the life you offer? Am I relying on you like I ought to?
- Jesus, am I more focused on the seen, rather than the unseen? This world, rather than the truth?
- Jesus, where is the sin in my life that I need to confess?
- Jesus, am I a true worshiper? Am I letting the past and useless tradition get in the way?
These are simple, based on a straight forward reading of the conversation between the woman at the well and Jesus. They were a good help that led me to focus on the right things.