So the inaugural movie wasn’t all that great – Poseidon is at best a C-. Probably one of the most expensive C-‘s ever. It has some moments of amazing special effects, some very average special effects and pretty average acting throughout. Josh Lucas reminds us that he isn’t a strong enough character to be the leading man once again. Oh well.
But the way I watched it … amazing. Here’s the highlights:
- Movie took a little more than 2 hours to download on my Xbox 360
- Comes with no extras, just the movie itself (4.5GB)
- The Xbox 360 remote, which I haven’t used hardly at all to this point, is perfect
- Amazing 720p near-perfect picture quality
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
- Ability to pause/resume on demand
- Rental lasts 24 hours after first viewing, or up to 14 days if you don’t watch it
- Automatic delete after either license expires
- The cost? About $5
Brilliant. I will watch another tomorrow night. V for Vendetta, perhaps?