2. Where did you grow up? Mostly Ohio. Sometimes Florida. We were gypsies.
3. Tell us about your church: name, location, website. Highland Park Church is in Lakeland (Orlampa) Florida, between Tampa & Orlando both coasts and south of Disney. You should come visit us. Www.hplakeland.com
4. What’s a nick name you’ve been given…but you hate. Why? Canks. I swell up on airplanes.
5. What’s your favorite TV show from the 80’s? (If you are too young to remember the 80’s, pick A.L.F.) Garfield
6. Computer or TV? Computer
7. How old were you when you first felt called to ministry? 17
8. Would you rather kick a puppy or make a baby cry? I can’t. I just can’t.
9. What’s a recent EPIC youth ministry mistake? Not making a ginger in my youth group re-apply sunscreen five times in a day. Two is not enough. It just isn’t enough in Florida.
10. Have you ever left a kid on an event/camp/retreat/missions trip/etc.? Have you ever wanted to? Yes. And Yes. But it doesn’t always work out that conveniently that the kid you leave is the one you wanted to leave.
11. What do you enjoy doing outside of youth ministry? Jumping on a trampoline with my kids.
12. Are you a good dancer? No. But I love doing it anyway.
13. What color shoes are you wearing? I don’t have shoes on.
14. What’s the worst injury that’s happened on one of your event/camp/retreat/missions trip/etc.? Broken Collar bones mainly.
15. What’s your position on infant baptism? Just kidding, nobody cares.
16. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you hate ALL NIGHTERS? (1 = stab me in the eye and 10 = stab me in the eye with a spoon) I love them. But my eyes hate them.
17. How good are you at keeping receipts? Does your church administrator love or hate you? They love me. I feel distraught when their are receipts floating around in my bag or wallet. I turn them in daily. Maybe they do hate me….
18. What would you do if you could be invisible for one day? I would go to the Pentagon or the White House—there’s probably a secret underground train that connects them so maybe both in the same day.
19. Mac or PC? Mac
20. If you had a pet sloth, what would you name him/her? Trevor
21. What is one of your irrational fears? Condiments— like ketchup and mustard. They freak me out. The smell. The texture. #gah
22. What is your favorite lunch meat? Boar’s Head Ever Roast Chicken on Udi’s Multi-grain gluten free bread with Havarti cheese and smokehouse maple seasoning, grilled will coconut oil, topped with fresh avocado slices. I make and eat this for lunch every day that I’m home working- Monday – Thursday and sometimes on weekends. TMI?
We’re so thankful for Brooklyn!